The Barn Bar
Once a cattle byre and still retaining many rustic features, the award winning* Barn Bar has been a favourite for many years with visitors and locals alike who come to enjoy the friendly atmosphere and great pub grub. We are situated in a peaceful and beautiful glen only minutes from Oban, with outside tables and a covered patio to relax and enjoy the scenery.
We offer fresh home made meals using local produce. Our 'Taste our Best' blackboard changes regularly (plenty of fresh shellfish at the weekends) and we're proud to offer over 40% Scottish produce using local suppliers where possible.
Families are welcomed and children have their own menu, there's lots of outdoor space to run around and boardgames and a playpark. Pets are also welcome in the pub - on a lead please - treats and water freely available!
Local musicians hold a traditional music session on Sunday afternoons (4.30-8.00pm) all year round. We're open all year but from November to March we only open at weekends and holidays.
* Scottish Pub of the Year (North West region) - Scottish Food Awards 2014
* Gourmet Pub of the Year (North West region) - Scottish Food Awards 2015
* Local Real Ales - CAMRA Good Beer Guide 2015
* Tripadvisor Badge of Excellence 2014/15
* Taste our Best - 2015 award
* We're a 'Stories to Tell' pub - come and find out why!
* Extensive Malt Whisky List - includes whisky from the Politician!
Directions - from Oban head south on the Lochgilphead road A816, take the first exit on the right (Lerags) and follow signs on the single track road (1 mile) into the Glen. Turn right to Cologin and The Barn Bar - we're the first wee white building you see as you come into the farm.