The Love Oban website, administered by Argyll & Isles Tourism Cooperative, provides visitors with information relating to tourist attractions, accommodation, places to eat and drink and activities. It also provides trip planning information about the Oban, Lorn & the Isles area within the destination of Argyll & the Isles.
What personal data we collect and how we use it.
Lawful basis for processing.
We rely on the following legal bases to lawfully process your personal data:
- Public task: this applies when you contact us to make an enquiry or seek advice about our services.
Sharing your personal information
We may share anonymised information with the third parties described below for the delivery of our services and to provide you with the most up-to-date information. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law.
- Argyll & Bute Council
- Highlands & Islands Enterprise
How long we hold your personal information
We hold your personal information for up to 3 years or until you unsubscribe or request removal from our database.
Where we store your personal information.
Data collected through our website is stored and held on servers within the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA).
You have certain rights under data protection legislation which can be exercised by emailing our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com
Your rights are:
- the right to access the personal information held about you;
- the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request to have your personal information deleted in certain specific circumstances;
- the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal information in certain specific circumstances;
- the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes or for purposes based on our legitimate interests (where applicable);
- the right to ask us not to undertake automated decision-making or profiling;
- the right to request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you; and
- where you have provided consent, to request to withdraw such consent at any time.