What are the Benefits of Joining OLTA?
As well as the marketing opportunities on www.oban.org.uk member benefits also include a an exclusive members’ area which allows you to monitor your advertising, place special offers, sell your late availability and join additional promotional opportunities reserved to members only. Membership also gives you access to www.wildaboutargyll.co.uk the regional website for Argyll and the Isles where your directly entry on oban.org.uk will be replicated.
OLTA is one of the founding members of the Argyll and the Isles Tourism Co-operative and our Chair Neil Mackay and our Vice Chair Calum Ross are both board directors. Past Chair and Marketing Director, Linda Battison is currently the freelance Development Agent for Oban and Lorn and she is always looking at collaborative marketing opportunities.
Our current discounts include a discounted membership rate of just £65 per annum for BIDS SMALL RETAIL levy payers in Oban. And for OLTA members wishing to join the Association of Scottish Self Caterers there's a saving of £55 as they will waive their joining fee. OLTA is actively looking at discounted join up fees with other DMOs in our area and of course as a member you are automatically given membership of the Scottish Tourism Alliance and Argyll and the Isles Tourism Co-operative.
If you are NEW member and you join OLTA between 1st September and our AGM (usually Jan/Feb) we will give you a very generous 25% discount on your listing as a one off introductory offer.
More than just marketing!
Whilst the attraction of one of the most popular tourism websites on the internet is of course an excellent reason for membership it is not the only one. And whilst a BOGOF offer on advertising with Wild About Argyll brings your membership costs down to literally a few pence a day there’s even more benefits to membership.
- OLTA is recognised by many consultative agencies and works in partnership with BID4Oban, Scottish Tourism Alliance and the Argyll and the Isles Tourism Cooperative. We represent and feedback your views directly to VisitScotland and to Argyll and Bute Council.
- Advice, networking and sharing best practice. None of us work alone – although it can feel that way at the height of the season. OLTA provides regular social and networking opportunities and our webmaster and directors are always on hand to help fellow members. We also produce a monthly e-newsletter to keep you up to speed with industry news and developments.
- Social media platforms that really work! We’ve an active Twitter feed and Facebook page and members are encouraged to post and share to benefit from our substantial traffic. Our Instagram account is proving very popular and all members are encouraged to tag their photos with #iloveoban or #visitoban so we can share them on our website. We’ve YouTube and Flicker accounts too and workshops are available to members on best social media practices and communication with customers in today’s 24/7 online environment.
- Training - AITC deliver the Digital Tourism Training programme and there are regular workshops in Oban & Lorn.
- A key benefit of membership is the feeling of belonging, having a common cause, working together, supporting and promoting other members and helping us ensure Oban and Lorn’s sustainable future as a tourism destination. You can use the OLTA membership logo on your website and your membership will get you discounts in hotels in Edinburgh and Glasgow – you could save the cost of your membership in just one trip! We're always looking at adding discounts and benefits so do keep an eye on our members' facebook group page for details.