What are the Benefits of Joining OLTA?
As well as the marketing opportunities on www.oban.org.uk member benefits also include a an exclusive members’ area which allows you to monitor your advertising, place special offers, sell your late availability and join additional promotional opportunities reserved to members only. Membership also gives you access to www.exploreargyll.com the regional website for Argyll and the Isles. Additional advertising on the regional website is free to OLTA members.
OLTA is one of the founding members of the Argyll and the Isles Tourism Co-operative and our acting Chair Calum Ross is a board director. Past Chair, Linda Battison is currently the freelance Development Agent for Oban and Lorn and she is negotiating further group membership benefits which may include a discount on VisitScotland Quality Assurance fees, insurance policies and offers from many other suppliers to the industry.
Our current discounts include a discounted membership rate of just £55 per annum for BIDS retail levy payers in Oban. And for OLTA members wishing to join the Association of Scottish Self Caterers there's a saving of £55 as they will waive their joining fee. OLTA is actively looking at discounted join up fees with other DMOs in our area and of course as a member you are automatically given membership of the Scottish Tourism Alliance and Argyll and the Isles Tourism Co-operative.
More than just marketing!
Whilst the attraction of one of the most popular tourism websites on the internet is of course an excellent reason for membership it is not the only one. And whilst a BOGOF offer on advertising with Explore Argyll brings your membership costs down to literally a few pence a day there’s even more benefits to membership.
- OLTA is recognised by many consultative agencies and works in partnership with BID4Oban, Scottish Tourism Alliance and the Argyll and the Isles Tourism Cooperative. We represent and feedback your views directly to VisitScotland and to Argyll and Bute Council.
- Advice, networking and sharing best practice. None of us work alone – although it can feel that way at the height of the season. OLTA provides regular social and networking opportunities and our webmaster and committee members are always on hand to help fellow members. We also produce a monthly e-newsletter to keep you up to speed with industry news and developments.
- Social media platforms that really work! We’ve an active Twitter feed and Facebook page and members are encouraged to post and share to benefit from our substantial traffic. The new Instagram account is proving very popular and all members are encouraged to tag their photos with #ig_Oban so we can share them on our website. We’ve YouTube and Flicker accounts too and workshops are available to members on best social media practices and communication with customers in today’s 24/7 online environment.
- Training - in 2016 OLTA is aiming to put more than 25% of its members through the National World Host Customer Service training programme. If we succeed we will be able to claim World Host Destination status - which will really help us promote Oban and Lorn. Training will be free and we're encouraging everyone to take part!
- A key benefit of membership is the feeling of belonging, having a common cause, working together, supporting and promoting other members and helping us ensure Oban and Lorn’s sustainable future as a tourism destination. You can use the OLTA membership logo on your website and as a member you’ll be issued with a membership card which will get you discounts in hotels in Edinburgh and Glasgow – you could save the cost of your membership in just one trip!